- At the end of the post you will find the link to download PDF.
- For practice purpose the list will not hold the solution of the substitution.
- You can learn here and use that sheet for practice purpose.
- Check out the complete series for WORD POWER MADE EASY by clicking here
- An ardent person in sports- AFICIONADO
- One who is all powerful- OMNIPOTENT
- One who knows all- OMNISCIENT
- A short story with a moral- PARABLE
- Pledge given by prisoner for temporary release not to escape- PAROLE
- A remedy of all ills- PANACEA
- The belief that god pervades nature- PANTHEISM
- A style meant to display one’s knowledge- PEDANTIC
- Something spiritual (love) – PLATONIC
- A decision made by public voting- PLEBISCITE
- An imaginary name assumed by an author- PSEUDONYM
- An act of separation from person to avoid infection- QUARANTINE
- An animal with four feet- QUADRUPED
- General vote of public to decide a question- REFERENDUM (syn-Plebiscite)
- Official formality resulting in delay- REDTAPISM
- Dress with medals, ribbons worn at official ceremonies- REGALIA (syn- Raiment)
- Violating the sanctity of religious place/object- SACRILEGE (syn- Desecration and ant- Consecration)
- A job with high salary but a little responsibility- SINECURE (syn- Honorary)
- A speech made when one is all alone- SOLILOQUY
- A medicine that induces sleep- SOPORIFIC
- A thing kept in memory of an event- SOUVENIR (syn-Memento)
- A last literary work of a writer- SWAN SONG
- of the sun- SOLAR
- A slight fault that can be forgiven- VENIAL
- Repetition of a speech or a writing word for word- VERBATIM
- An imaginary place with perfect social order- UTOPIA
- A diagram showing the path of plants- ZODIAC
- A place where animals are slaughtered for the market- ABATTOIR
- A place where bees are kept- APIARY
- A place for wrestling- ARENA
To download the practice pdf- click here
For more chapters search under competitive exams
only at –https://basicallyindian.online
If you enjoy this please leave a reaction and vote to motivate us.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!